Saturday, December 22, 2018

Old Post Station Towns on Inaba Kaido Rute #3 Chizu-shuku, Tottori

I didn't have plans to visit Chizu-shuku where it is heavy snowfall area, but I changed my mind since the locals of Fukuhara told me there was no trouble on the road to Tottori Region yet.
Actually the road was Okey, but it was drizzling and dim when I reached there.


Every house hang "sugidama" which is balls made with ceder needles. They are usually sign of new brew on sale at sake breweries, but those buidings were definitely residental houses. Actually Chizu Town is a forestry town of ceder wood, there is a rare shrine "Sugi Jinja" which is deity of ceder spirits. Perhaps these ceder balls are talisman or blessing like "Simenawa" in the other areas.


Chizu is a small town but there are many old mansions. Roof tiles are typically red in San'in Region. They are called "Sekishu Gawara".


It is a museum, former mansion of Ishitani Family which was a rich merchant. Think why it has black roof tiles differently from other houses.
Unfortunately I didn't enter there because it demand toll. Maybe I'll visit again next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment