Friday, December 21, 2018

Old Post Station Towns on Inaba Kaido Rute #2 Ōhara, Mimasaka City, Okayama

I left Sayo-cho, Hyogo Prefecture, to Ōhara, Mimasaka City, Okayama Prefecture. These area is on border of 3 prefectures, Hyogo, Okayama and Tottori. Each town has ecconomical relation with bigger city in the same prefecture, like Tuyama City, Tottori City or Himeji City. However, they have culutural influence each other.
Ōhara  and Hirafuku are known as places remembered in connection with famous samurai warrior Miyamoto Musashi who is a master of dual wield. I didn't take photos but there are many historical spots all over this area. Mussashi or samurai arts fans may like to visit those sites. As for me, the priority is seeing old post station towns and new location hunting in limited time.

Former route of Ianaba Kaido is hidden with modern buidings from the highway. It was harder to find a bit. Meanwhile, old street is well maintained, there is no electorical wire. It is very good. Strangely I never saw any tourists there differently from other towns I visited this day. I felt uncofrtable like missing something.



It started drizzling. I quickly leave to next location, Chizu......

No comments:

Post a Comment