Sunday, January 13, 2019

Hankyu Umeda Station, Osaka City #2

Hankyu Group (Hankyu Hanshin Toho Group) has large properties around the station, so they are often called "Hankyu-mura" meaning Hankyu village. There are roughly 6 or 7 huge shopping malls, hotel and theater. I don't know how many buidings they actually have. They remodel some buildings at all time, I don't have solid image for each building of my memories. Thus it can be said, Hankyu-mura has no chance to meet nostalgia.


People immediately find the department store outside the tciket gate. Whole station buiding is actually department store of Hankyu, so the passage looks like a hall of the malls.


Depeartment stores are in difficult period in Japan, many branches and local department stores close year by year. Hankyu Department Store is gorgeous and looks like enjoying their prosperoty. I don't know wheather it is true or not.


After I left the station and the department store, I was going on the old downtown area to my aunt's home. Sin-Midosiji is in a mess with heavy traffic jam as always.


No comments:

Post a Comment