Thursday, April 4, 2019

Spring Ephemeral in Tamba

 I'm sorry about silence because I caught a bad cold for some weeks. I'm just fine now. It was so chilly even in April this year.
 I planed driving to Tamba City and shooting photos of spring ephemeral 3 days ago, actually I did but   katakuri flowers were regressed by snow falling. I just took some photos of flower buds and visited small temple near the katakuri garden. It was a happy accident. That small temple, Tassin-ji has huge nomber of old buddha statues made hundreds or thousand years ago. It was strange a small temple has numerous buddha statues, the legend only saggests a few circumstances. It is still mystery today. Unfortunately photo shooting is prohibited in the museum, I can report it was worth to see beautiful, unique and mysterious relic statues here.

Anyway, I visited the katakuri garden again today. It was very fine weather, so ephemeral flowers burst into bloom.
 Katakuri is a kind of fawn lilies, they are usually seen in mid and northern Japan. There are a few colonies in Kansai(Kinki) Region. Kiyozumi is one of them. Here is a link to the article of Katakuri on wikipedia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythronium_japonicum






Temple Tassin-ji


 Narcissi were blooming nicely in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment